The advent of advanced digital x- rays and imaging has reduced exposure to radiation and time consumed, thereby increasing ease of diagnosis and patient comfort.
Digital x-rays are advised for those areas of decay that may not be visible with an oral examination especially small areas of decay between teeth, helps in the preparation of tooth implants, braces, dentures or other dental procedures, a dental infection which is at the root of the tooth / between the gum and a tooth like an abscess and for the other abnormality like tumours, cysts etc.
A detailed consultation should be done with the dentist to understand why an X-ray is needed to know the status of the affected tooth. After your all questions are answered then a dentist takes an x-ray to start the required procedure.
Dental x-rays require no special preparation. At the dentist's office you will sit in a chair,the x-ray machine is positioned alongside your head to record digital images of your mouth which are available for perusal immediately.
There is no such post - treatment after an X-ray.
- Maintain oral hygiene by regular brushing twice a day and flossing.
- Visit your dentist every 3 - 6 months.
- Eat healthy foods like green vegetables, fruits and dairy products like milk, cheese.
- Drink plenty of water before and after meals so the unwanted food particles are flushed out.
- Limit the consumption of acidic foods and beverages like tea, coffee, fizzy drinks.
- Limit the consumption of sticky foods like pizza, candies, chocolates etc.
- Avoid biting finger nails, pen's cap, pencils etc and avoid using your teeth to open bottles or to tear packets.
No stone left unturned…. Dr. Krinita is a magician….no discomfort through the whole treatment….overall experience rating- 5 *
I know Dr Krinita since last 13 years and have under gone treatment whenever required. I find her very good at her work, dedicated and polite to her staff and patients. I would recommend her to anyone who wants to dazzle the world with their smile !!
Dear Dr. Krinita, Thank you for your kindness, wisdom and excellent treatment for my broken teeth. I am grateful to you that my experience was so positive. Competent, sensitive physicians like you are the prize of the medical profession.