Crowns are dental restorations which completely cap or encircle a tooth to improve the strength or appearance of the tooth. A Bridge is a dental restoration used to replace a missing tooth or teeth by permanently joining (by means of crowns) to the teeth adjacent to the toothless area.
Teeth need to be restored with a crown for the following reasons:
- Over implants
- Following root canal therapy
- For fabrication of bridges
Crown and Bridges is recommended to patients for various reasons, like:
- Protect a root canal treated tooth
- Hold a dental bridge in place
- Cover severely discoloured teeth
- Cover a dental implant
- Make a cosmetic modification etc
A detailed consultation should be done with the dentist to understand the importance of a fixed crown (cap) which eventually strengthens your damaged tooth serving the following benefits:-
- Improves the aesthetics of your smile
- Returns broken teeth their natural chewing function capabilities
- Conceals previous procedures including fillings, implants and root canals etc.
X-ray is advised to aid in more detailed and precise treatment planning.
Find out the various types of dental crowns and which one will be best suited for your teeth. After your all questions are answered the dentist can start the procedure.
Placing a permanent dental crown typically takes 2 dental office visits.
Your dentist will anesthetize (numb) the tooth and surrounding gum tissue and then shape the biting surface and sides of the tooth. Impression of the prepared tooth and jaw as well as the opposite jaw is taken. If the tooth is very decayed or otherwise too small to hold the crown, the dentist may "build up" the tooth to hold the crown. The dentist will also determine the shade of porcelain to match the surrounding teeth. During this 1st office visit the dentist will make a temporary crown to cover the prepared tooth until the permanent one is ready. The temporary crown is held in place using temporary cement.
Your dentist will remove the temporary crown and check the fit and colour of the permanent crown. If everything is correct, then the dentist will fix the permanent crown with cement.
While a crowned tooth does not require any special care, remember that simply because a tooth is crowned does not mean the tooth is protected from decay or gum disease.
- Maintain your oral hygiene by regular brushing twice a day, flossing daily especially around the crown area where the gum meets the tooth.
- Rinsing with an antibacterial mouthwash at least once a day.
- See your dentist on a regular basis.
- Avoid chewing hard or sticky foods, chewing ice, biting fingernails and using your teeth to open packaging which may cause your own crown to break or become loose.
- Maintain oral hygiene by regular brushing twice a day and flossing.
- Visit your dentist every 3 - 6 months.
- Eat healthy foods like green vegetables, fruits and dairy products like milk, cheese.
- Drink plenty of water before and after meals so the unwanted food particles are flushed out.
- Limit the consumption of acidic foods and beverages like tea, coffee, fizzy drinks.
- Limit the consumption of sticky foods like pizza, candies, chocolates etc.
- Avoid biting finger nails, pens cap, pencils etc and avoid using your teeth to open bottles or to tear packets.
I have gotten my hairlike gap filling done from Dr. Krinita Motwani and I am throughly very satisfied by her work.The little the work the more fineness needed.I loved the finishing of her work and would look forward to get any further teeth related treatment done from her :)
Very pleasant experience and happy with the dental treatment.
I had a great experience with Krinita and now I have a perfect set of teeth with a beautiful smile :) All thanks to her!
I had multiple gaps in between my teeth which made me concious whenever I smiled. Dr. Krinita fixed the gaps and gave me a very natural and beautiful smile.
"You are never fully dressed without a smile." And all thanks to the lady behind my smile. Thank you Krinita Motwani for adding the sparkle to my smile...Read More
All my apprehensions of Dental treatment were taken care of by a painless tooth extraction. Very happy with the services received at Dr. Krinita Motwani's Dental Clinic. Would definitely recommend.
I approached this with great trepidation and a little fear, all that changed instantly. From the start you gave me confidence. The attention to detail,care ...Read More
Initially I was a little wary of coming to India and getting cosmetic treatment for my deficient smile. But when I saw the ambience and hygiene combinedwith great quality of dentistry with a highly professional approach,...Read More
I have been to several dentists in the past & this time I had some extensive treatment done with Dr. Krinita. I liked the fact that I was informed on the course of treatment at ... Read More
Professional, Prompt, Quality dental treatment .. experience keeps getting better with every visit, the best clinic I have encountered.
I would definitely recommend Dr. Krintia Motwani. She has a fantastic hand.
Teeth whitening procedure was very comfortable, pain free and quick. I had no problems or sensitivity afterwards. Would recommend Dr. Krinita to everyone I know..
Dr. Krinita Motwani is excellent at her job, she has given my teeth the perfect and original look. Her treatment, attitude towards work is extremely genuine and her judgement to the point. Thank you Doctor wishing you all the best.
Very happy with the ambience and professional treatment. Would recommend to all.
Hygenic & painless. Treatment taken to another level! Thank you Doc!
There is a famous saying, “a smile says a thousand words”. I have always been conscious about my smile as I had really short teeth, which were almost negligible...Read More
Had severe pain in a wisdom tooth & surrounding teeth but due to the much greater fear factor of dental treatment had avoided any visits to a dentist...Read More
No stone left unturned…. Dr. Krinita is a magician….no discomfort through the whole treatment….overall experience rating- 5 *
I know Dr Krinita since last 13 years and have under gone treatment whenever required. I find her very good at her work, dedicated and polite to her staff and patients... Read More
I was impressed with the thorough professional but friendly approach and the level of perfection practiced in the clinic. Dr. Krinita has the most...Read More
My experience was very satisfactory and painless.Your team made it a pleasure to be a patient here. Thank you Dr. Motwani
I was pleased with friendly staff, excellent ambience and very professional treatment by Dr. Krinita and her team.
|Monday - Friday||9am - 5pm|
|Saturday||9am - 2pm|