firstname.lastname@example.org +91 9820280343
Veneers are thin shells of dental porcelain or composite which are bonded to the tooth surface in order to alter the size, shape, shade, position and overall appeal of the tooth. Veneers can be fabricated to correct the following: -
Lengthening of short of worn teeth
Improving toothe shape or shade
Making aged teeth look youthful
Gaps in Teeth
Smile which is not in harmony with the facial structures
Veneers are ideal for those patients whose teeth are deeply stained or yellowed, whose teeth have become worn down with age, for lengthening teeth that appear too short, for closing a small gap between teeth or making other minor adjustments in tooth spacing or position.
It is the perfect solution for that "Million $ smile."
It is not recommended to those patients who have poor oral hygiene / cavity, who have the habit to clench their teeth or bite their nails, who have exposed root surfaces, crowded teeth etc.
"A nice smile reflects self- confidence and self-esteem ...."
A detailed consultation should be done with the dentist to understand the advantages and disadvantages. Find out the types of veneers and which one will be best for you and your teeth .Post treatment results can be visualised by digital designing and wax mock-ups.
Don't forget to ask your Cosmetic Dentist for His/ Her qualifications and experience in the field of veneers. Your Cosmetic Dentist can also show you before and after images of cases similar to yours, for you to get a better understanding of the final outcome and quality of work. Ask your dentist about various brands like Empress, IPS Emax, Lumineers, Da Vinci etc.
Professional photographs and Models are made of your teeth before starting treatment.
Professional cleaning of teeth should be done prior to the veneer procedure.
Your dentist will make study models of your teeth. These models are used by your dentist to give you a mock up of what your teeth can look like when the porcelain veneers are in place. At this time you and your dentist can discuss the size, shape and colour of your new porcelain veneers. Once these models are approved, an appointment can be set up for the actual procedure.
Local anaesthesia is generally recommended if there will be tooth preparation to avoid any discomfort. Once the preparation of your teeth is completed your dentist will take an impression of your teeth. This impression will be used by the dental laboratory to create your custom porcelain veneers.
Once the veneers are fabricated, you will return to have them placed onto your teeth. Initially your dentist will place the veneers to check that the colour, shape and size is as desired. If they meet all your expectations, the dentist will permanently fix them to your teeth creating your new smile.
- Dental visits should continue as usual. Brushing and flossing will help prevent decay around your veneers. Porcelain veneers are quite strong but it is possible to break / fracture them.
- The following activities should be avoided like breaking nuts with teeth, tearing open packages, biting and tearing hard items and ice chewing.
- Do wear mouth guards if you are a sports person.
3M™ Lava™ Premium system is based on a unique 3M™ shading technology, meaning that its color is not on the surface but comes from within. Know More
IPS e.max® is made of monolithic lithium disilicate ceramic and delivers outstanding esthetics and precision fit. Know More
Veneers are thin shells that are laid onto the teeth and bonded to the surface. Although they can be made of different materials, porcelain is frequently used because of its durability.. Know More
At DDS Lab,we offer a comprehensive line of fixed and removable products, and our team always stays up to speed on the latest developments. Know More
- Maintain oral hygiene by regular brushing twice a day and flossing.
- Visit your dentist every 3 - 6 months.
- Eat healthy foods like green vegetables, fruits and dairy products like milk, cheese.
- Drink plenty of water before and after meals so the unwanted food particles are flushed out.
- Limit the consumption of acidic foods and beverages like tea, coffee, fizzy drinks.
- Limit the consumption of sticky foods like pizza, candies, chocolates etc.
- Avoid biting finger nails, pens cap, pencils etc and avoid using your teeth to open bottles or to tear packets.
|Monday - Friday||9am - 5pm|
|Saturday||9am - 2pm|
|403 Simran Plaza, Junction of 3rd & 4th Road, Khar West, Mumbai 400052.|
| +91 9820280343
+91 22 26043030