Bleeding gums are a sure sign that something is wrong with your oral health and can cause serious problems. Gum disease is caused by inadequate removal of plaque.
Now you must be wondering what plaque is?
Well, plaque is a sticky substance containing bacteria and builds along the gum if not removed in a timely manner.
Plaque causes gingivitis over a period of time which is reversible, but if left unattended it can progress to periodontitis which requires a broader treatment approach.
Factors that increase your chances of developing a gum disease
- UNHEALTHY DIET
- IMPROPER BRUSHING TECHNIQUE
- VITAMIN DEFICIANCY
- CERTAIN MEDICATIONS
Symptoms of gingivitis
- Swollen gums, painful gums, bleeding during brushing, while eating and bad breath. etc
What you should do and when you notice these symptoms and how can your dentist help you?
- Check your tooth brush and brushing technique
- Avoid foods that have high starch content
- Avoid smoking and drinking
- Up your intake of vitamin C and K
- Rinse your mouth after meals
- Go for regular dental check ups
As dentists we recommend you to get your routine dental check up done every 6 months
Getting your teeth cleaned every 6 months is the most appropriate and effective method to avoid gingivitis and other oral health related problems.
We at Dr. Krinita Motwanis clinic help you with your dental check ups and also scaling and polishing professionally.
To schedule an appointment, contact us on
Dr. Krinita Motwani
Khar west, Mumbai..
Mbl : 9820280343